Friday, February 3, 2006

Friend of the Week Friday 2.3.06

Friend of the Week: My mom (awwww)

My mom has been my friend of the week for 24 (almost 25) years. This week, however, she is my friend of the week because of the new fun craft she taught me: crocheting!!! Growing up, I saw her do a lot of crocheting (so much that she ended up having to have Carpel Tunnel surgery on BOTH wrists because of it). Well, I am the type of person who can' just sit in front of the TV for extended periods of time (and that means more than 10 minutes...maybe it's ADD...). I have TOO many things to do in my life to just sit there. Seriously! So, my mom passed along the crocheting tradition. Now, I can sit on the couch and watch TV and crochet at the same time. I LOVE IT! I have found some stinkin' cute yarn, and have made a few scarfs that are also stinkin' cute. So, thanks, Mom, for introducing me to this wonderful new habit!! I LOVE YOU!!!

1 comment:

AJ Fabulous said...

That is so awesome! Crocheting is one of those things that our generation has no clue how to do. I think it is cool that you wanted to learn! And what a cool thing that you and your mom can do together!