Saturday, January 17, 2009

The Rambler

My husband has been out of town since Tuesday morning and while I've had the chance to visit with some friends throughout the week, I must admit that I'm a little lonely...and thus, feel the need to ramble a little...or a lot...we'll see where this goes. Lucky for you, he'll be home in a few hours...


I feel like I've been working non-stop for the past 2 days to get some things purged. I spent THREE hours sorting through our filing cabinet. I clean it out every year, but it always seems to take such a long time. I've finally come up with a system that will (hopefully) streamline the clean out process every year (Maybe I'll hook you guys up with those tips in an upcoming Tuesday's Tip). Anyway, lots of shredding and trash bags later, I had an 1 1/2 empty drawers! And then, I cleaned out my craft closet. I had things in there that I'd had since college. In the beginning, the ENTIRE closet was nothing but crafts. But NOW, less than half the closet is occupied by crafty things. It feels really nice to have all kinds of free space but now we have an all new problem on our hands...the yard sale boxes. My recently cleaned out guest room is now being completely overtaken by a bunch of huge yard sale boxes and piles of things waiting to be put in boxes. I'll be so glad when all this CRAP is out of my house!!


The forecast for the next several days is snow, snow and more snow. And to that I say "Bring it on!!" If it's going to be THIS cold, it might as well snow a few inches...or feet. :) Besides, I feel like I need an excuse to sit around and do nothing but work a puzzle.


About 6 months ago, I learned, in ONE WEEK that SIXTEEN people I know were pregnant. And, naturally, now all those people are having babies. Which is really exciting...and really expensive :)


I'm not exactly sure how I feel about 2009 yet. I was talking to a friend the other day, and we both were saying that we just feel like we're spinning our wheels. Anybody else feel that way? It seems like I can't ever get ahead in anything and in a lot of areas I feel like I'm failing miserably. I'm sure it's not REALLY like that, but most days, that's how it feels. Maybe I'll be able to crawl out of this funk soon.


My 10 year high school reunion is this year. It really doesn't seem like that's possible.


And, my eyelids are getting heavy, so I'm going to call it a night. Tomorrow's Sunday which means 2 things: Coupons in the Sunday paper and lunch at Bojangle's. I tell ya...I'm easy to please :) G'night!

1 comment:

k.mart said...

Ramble on, sister... I know just what you mean in so many of those areas sometimes!

More in Mon. catch up, for which I need to get caught up... but until then, know that you are AMAZING! In so many ways!

XOXO!