Friday, January 30, 2009

Savings Update

First of all, where in the world did January go?? Didn't 2009 just start yesterday?? All of a sudden we're here at the end of the first month of the year. And with that thought in mind, I thought I'd give a little update on my experiences in couponing.

I'll admit that it's taken some time to get a good system up and running. Sometimes it seems to take a long time to get my grocery list together and other times its seems like I'm finished before I begin. In the end, though, I've enjoyed the challenge and the cheap thrill of getting things and paying next to nothing for them. Here are some of my best deals this month:

Birds Eye Frozen Bags of SteamFresh vegetables: FREE
Big boxes of Cap'n Crunch cereal: 50 cents a box
Progresso Soup: 75 cents a can (these cans are normally $2.27!!!)
Cans of Manwich mix: 25 cents
Boxes of Puffs tissues: 25 cents
Cottonelle toilet paper (4 pack): $1

Considering I rarely buy things at regular price without a coupon, I could seriously go on for days listing all the things that I've gotten at great prices.

So at the end of January, I'm happy to report that we saved FORTY PERCENT on our grocery purchases!! We saved $142.86 in ONE month!!! And I can also say that we haven't had a single time when there was "nothing to eat". Our cabinets are stocked full with food! At this rate, we could be near the $2,000 mark of savings by the end of the year...holy cow, that makes me so excited I can hardly stand it!!!

Check back next month to see how we're doing! If you're finding new ways to save on groceries or purchases in general, I'd love to hear about it! Leave a comment and let me know of your strategies for saving lots of money!!

No comments: