Friday, June 11, 2010

What's Going On?

I'll give you a few seconds to get that song by the 4Non Blondes out of your head. Go ahead, sing loudly. I'll wait. Finished? Ok, let's continue.

May was the month that just wouldn't end. My calendar looked like one big black ink mess. At one point, I was ready to unplug my alarm clock, turn off my phone and just stay in bed...for days. Each day, it seemed like the things to do were so many, that I didn't even know where to start. I didn't feel like I was able to really enjoy many things because my mind was so wrapped up in what was coming next. I didn't feel like myself, but more like I was on auto-pilot...no emotions about anything (I didn't have time for that), do this, go there, buy this, check this off this list, wear this, yada yada yada. And I didn't like it.

So, what's been going on around here? Let me tell ya...

We spent some good quality time with these dear people...
Eli and me

Bella, she's 6

Eden, she's 4

Caleb, he's 2

They live far enough away that we don't get to see them as often as we'd like. But, we were thrilled to have them visit us for a weekend!

I've also been working on some new things for my Whatta Cute Baby collection. I'm trying out a few new designs (thankfully, I have a cute little model!) that I hope to launch on the website in the next few months. Here's a little ruffle butt onesie. TOO cute!


Thanks to one amazing sister-in-law, I got a last minute ticket to my fav-o-rite Broadway show...WICKED!! We were able to see it in Charlotte with Brooke and some friends who were seeing it for the first time! It doesn't matter if you've seen it once (like them) or 4 or 5 times (like us), it's so exciting and amazing every single time!! This was the best cast I'd ever seen and it was so great to share that with such great friends!

At the end of the month, we spent about a week here...

Seaside Beach, FL. We traveled to the gulf coast for our annual Memorial Day trip. The weather was GREAT and the time with friends was GREATER! We had some good times, amazing food and got lots of rest.

And last but definitely not least, I've been spending all kinds of time with this sweet little thing :)
My brother got a job (other than the job of stay-at-home-dad) so I've been keeping Reagan 1-2 days a week. She's almost 8 months old now and SO MUCH FUN! She's rolling around, starting to crawl, learning to clap and pull up. And she laughs...at herself, at other people, at the tv, at the dog...and it's so darn cute!! She loves music and watching shows on Nick Jr. She likes bath time and meal time, but not so much bedtime. Being an aunt is one of the best things in the world!! Every time I see her, I just can't even believe how blessed I am just to have that little girl in my life. She's growing so fast and it's exciting to think about her getting older and coming over for slumber parties with Auntie Sarai and playing dress up. But then she falls asleep in my arms and I get to looks at her and pray over her and love on her and I'm reminded that she's still so small and I should cherish every single moment with her at every single stage because it won't be like this for long!

And so, here's to June. We have less than a month until we head off to summer camp, so it's gonna be a busy one. But with some free weekends here and there and some days at home to curl up with a book or a movie, I'll hopefully be restored to my normal (is there such a thing?) self before long.



No comments: