Thursday, March 16, 2006

Soundtrack of 1999

Maleah tagged me on this one, so here it goes!

what were the five songs that made your senior year of high school (like a soundtrack sampling) and the one-line story behind them?

1. 1999 (Prince)-No surprise here! 1999 had finally arrived, and being the class of '99, we totally adopted this song as "ours"!
2. "Come On Ride the Train" (Don't know the artist)-The majority of my senior year Friday nights were spent at after football dances, and this was quite the popular dance tune. I think I can, I think I can...
3. "Macarena" (Los something-or-other)-Another catchy Friday night dance tune, and a song that could officially be retired without hurting anyone's feelings!
4. "I Don't Want To Miss A Thing" (Aerosmith-from the Armageddon Soundtrack)-I had to have a ballad in the mix! Great movie, great soundtrack, and it was the song to dedicate to that special someone at the prom.
5. "Hit Me Baby, One More Time" (Britney Spears)-Britney hit the charts in '99 for the first time with this song, and of course, we all had to go buy the CD. Come on, it was Britney Spears!!!!

I love this tag because it brings back memories of songs from one of the most memorable years of my life, and I get to remember through the songs of other's Senior Years. Go ahead AJ & JoAnna...if you guys are up for it!

No comments: