Friday, May 19, 2006

A Week Of Craziness

As you all know, Marty and I kept our 2 year old god-daughter last week (9 days to be exact). I planned to update you all on the good and interesting times we had with her throughout the week. I quickly learned, as demonstrated through my lack of blogging since days 1 & 2 of the parents experience, that it was REALLY hard to throw a 2 year old into the mix of an already stinkin' crazy life...and find time to blog in the process. Here are some highlights/things I learned through a week with Bella:
1-Monitors are a MUST!! (thanks, Lo!) I REALLY like to sleep with the bedroom door closed and some sort of fan/white noise going in the background. The first few nights we had Bella, we didn't have monitors, and I didn't sleep well at all. The door had to be left open so we could hear her and the fan had to be turned off so we could hear her. This was fine until 6am when the sun decided to shine brighter than ever before through the living room window...which lit up the whole bedroom. Not a happy girl.
2-Monitors are also good for hearing what goes on during naptimes. One day, it was time for Bella to wake up from her nap and I heard her singing and talking to her bears (which was a normal, and VERY cute, thing), then I heard her say "I pooped." Well, this was no surprise to me as she usually did poop during her nap. Finally, she called for me to come get her, and whenI opened the door, I see this little girl...lying in the bed...poop-covered fingers in the air...and she says to me "I poop in my nap and put my hand in my diaper and look, it's on the pillow by me." I didn't know whether to laugh my hiney off or sit in the floor and cry. Needless to say, it was one of those moments I will NEVER forget!!
3-A Mitsubishi Eclipse is NOT a baby friendly car. Not for an infant...or a toddler...or even more then 2 grown adults. It's just not easy climbing in and out of a back seat that barely exists to squeeze a child in and out of her car seat.
4-VeggieTales are fun...the first 276 times you hear the CD.
5-My new favorite story is "The Three Little Pigs". Bella is SO cute when she tells this story. It makes me laugh just to think about it. I would try to type it how she says it, but it certainly wouldn't do the story justice. I don't know if the "not by the hair of my tinny tin tins" part or the "I will puff...and I will puff...and I will BALOW your house down (insert the cutest little blowing motion in the world here)" part is my favorite. TOO CUTE!
6-I don't like the new show "Pinky Dinky Doo" on the Noggin channel.
7-It will be much easier to work a child into my schedule from day one of their lives.
Overall, the parenting experience was full of learning. We learned so many things that we would have never even thought of before we have kids. And I love that little girl more now than I ever thought I would!

No comments: