Monday, December 17, 2007

Save the cheerleader...

...have weird dreams?

About 2 episodes into Season 2 of Heroes, I decided that I'd start watching and then quickly realized that there were many things I didn't know that I needed to know to watch this show. So, I found a Season 1 Heroes marathon on the G4 channel and sent TiVo on a 24 hour mission.

That was in October. A bunch of new shows started then things got ridiculously crazy around here with life and holidays and such and 24 episodes of Heroes patiently waited in our TiVo Now Playing list. Then FINALLY one day I started watching...and I kept watching....and watching...and watching...and 24 episodes became 20 and 20 became 15 and 15 became 9. And last Friday I watched FIVE episodes in one day and on Saturday I watched FOUR episodes in one day and yesterday I watched 2 episodes. And for the last three nights I've almost saved the world in my dreams. One night I had all the super powers but no one would let me use them. Then the next night I tried to decorate the Christmas tree with my super powers. And last night there were movies about Hiro Nakamura being made and if he hadn't seen them, he would kill people who tried to watch them before him.

And I still have two more episodes before I can pick up where I left off in the 2nd Season...will the world be saved???

Note: I realize that I've just revealed the fact that in the past few weeks I've watched 22 hours of TiVo in addition to the shows I already watch. I also realize that classifies me as lazy. And for the first time in a long time, I've actually had more than 2 minutes a day to breathe, so I'm ok with that. :)

1 comment:

Future Envy of the PTA said...

Sarai!! I'm so happy to read this post!! Phillip has been on this kick of borrowing different seasons of different shows to see if there is anything we can get hooked on. We've been through the old "Lois and Clark", "Family Guy", "Smallville", "Numbers," "CSI", "24", and many others that i would like to not remember. So, 2 or so of them stuck... but last week we watched the first season of Heroes.... WE'RE TOTALLY SUCKED IN!! I cannot wait for season 2 to come out on DVD so we can watch it through w/o the commercials or other forms of waiting!! This disc set we borrowed had the second to last disc missing, which was the episode right before the last episode. We freaked out when we came to this realization and immediately ran to the video store so we could watch it in its entirety.... immediately! I looooove this show!! Hiro is a doll!! I looooooove his character and it's really weird to see him speaking English. I think I like Japanese Hiro better. Peter Petrelli is my new crush!! Oh goodness!! Anyway, I've gushed waaaay to much about this show. But I'm glad someone else sits down to watch a season like I do!
-Sara