Saturday, December 29, 2007

Freedom

So, I had a breakthrough today. I am to the point where I want to rid my house of all it's junk. And so I spent the day in our bedroom and our walk-in closet. I have MOUNDS of clothes for Goodwill and trash to take to the dump and previously filled storage containers that are now empty. And things are nicely labeled in their correct containers and neatly placed on their correct shelf. And all is well with the world.

But, there is one thing I did today that surpasses all this. One thing that could possibly save my sanity in years to come. One thing that could (if my calculations are correct) save me more than 2 1/2 hours every year for the rest of my life (3 minutes per week...52 weeks in a year). One thing that takes me one step further from complete OCD.

Today, I stopped folding underwear. I am getting rid of my neat little underwear sorter. I have resorted to a basket in which I will place such undergarments. And from this day forth, I will not fold underwear. Yes, people, I am a free woman.

No comments: