Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Snow Day

While the snow came and went and came and went today (we definitely have accumulation, it's just that we would have a lot more had it not blown away and melted all day long), I was thankful for a day at home with next-to-nothing to do...let me re-phrase that...there is ALWAYS something to be done, but on this day, there was nothing really pressing. I got up this morning, sent a few e-mails, put away some laundry, made out my grocery list, cut some coupons, did a little reading, made a yummy orange salad and that was the extent of the "have-to-dos". So, then it was on the fun things-things like embellishing the black kitchen towels I got for Christmas (Thanks, Brooke!) with some fun gingham fabric and polka dotted ribbon or sorting through some old certificates and concert programs for our scrapbooks. Seldom a day goes by when I am able to complete everything on my to-do list. But to have a day where everything is completed AND I get more projects taken care of is extremely rare...and pretty fun too. If the roads are bad in the morning, I'll be home all day again tomorrow...this time with NOTHING on my "to-do" list. I feel some craftiness and some organizing coming on :)

No comments: