Thursday, November 5, 2009

Thankful Thursday 11.5.09

Our pastor started a series on Sunday about thankfulness and gratitude and how, often times, we lack in both those areas. We live in a society that thinks it's entitled to a hand out. We're surrounded by, and often are ourselves, people who think that life is all about us. This series is designed to make us really think about the things in life and become truly thankful for the things we do have. So, in an effort to follow the mandate given in 1 Thessalonians 5:18, I'm trying harder to "give thanks in all circumstances."

Since November is here and Thanksgiving is just around the corner, I thought it'd be a good idea to spend some time thinking about and listing things that I'm thankful for...things that are life-changing in nature and even things that seemingly make no difference at all. Every Thursday in November, I plan to post at least 10 things that I'm thankful for. If you're reading this blog and have your own blog, I invite you to join me in this challenge. If you don't have a blog of your own, you're welcome to leave your list in a comment. Even if you don't get the chance to put your list on a public forum, I challenge you to stop and think, even for just a moment, about how blessed we truly are. Even if you think your life stinks...even if you think it can't get any worse...We have so much to be thankful for.

Things I'm Thankful For (in no particular order)...
*My sweet husband
*Chocolate
*Jesus
*That I get to be a stay-at-home wife
*A cozy bed to sleep in
*A Pantry, Fridge and 2 Freezers full of food
*My precious new little niece, Reagan
*Diet Coke
*The beautiful fall day outside
*Running water

God, help us to be a grateful people.

1 comment:

k.mart said...

I love this!

Thank YOU for reminding me to have a heart full of gratitude for how richly we are blessed.

How I love to see my friends blessed richly too!