Monday, February 8, 2010

Snapshot of My Life

I'm all the time getting little survey things to "fill out and pass on to 10 of your closest friends or bad things will happen to you and someone in your family will get hurt. Quite frankly, I don't feel like sharing, and I KNOW you don't feel like hearing, what color my underwear is or what I ate for breakfast. I mean, come on...it's not like I have some random free time to sit down and think about, type up and pass along information that you all couldn't care less about!

My dear friend, Brooke, did a really neat post the other day and I decided I'd steal, I mean borrow, it for a post over here. Even though she didn't tag me or threaten the well-being of my family for not posting with an allotted amount of time, I thought it would be a great way to give you a snapshot of what my life looks like at this very moment. And not just any snapshot, but things that actually matter. I feel like this post is just as much for you as it is for me. Sometimes I get so caught up in getting things done that I forget what exactly it is that I'm doing and I'm sure that most of you can relate. It's probably even safe to say that this is not the last time you'll see this kind of format for a post. I'd love to use this format every so often just to check in with you, my few readers, and also to keep a record of what's really going on in my life.

So, here's what I'm doing these days...

[seeing] pictures of my sweet little niece, Reagan...you might have heard me talk about her ;), another winter storm roll in

[reading] Dear John (Nicholas Sparks), Crazy Love (Francis Chan) and the book of Proverbs

[listening] to new albums by Shane & Shane, Colbie Caillat, Daughtry, Reba, Mariah, Michael Buble', Bethany Dillon and Maroon 5...random, I know

[traveling] a lot this month. Heading to see Shane & Shane next week, then on to TN to see one of my very favorite families!

[praying] for my brother's job situation, for a never-ending list of things that need to change in me and the circumstances I'm in

[planning] a master bathroom re-do, to paint the hallway, guest bedroom and bathroom and office sometime soon, for lots of things that seem to never happen

[wearing] all kinds of winter accessories these days. With all this snow and ice we've been having, I'm all about the gloves and scarves (especially the new one I just made!).

[anticipating] see God move in ways that I've been praying about for a while and getting to spend the day with my brother and my niece!

[loving] the peace in my heart that can only be attributed to God, all things black and white

[watching] the Bachelor...so lame.

4 comments:

Jamie said...

This is a great idea! I feel like I am all caught up on your life. :) (oh, and I have been watching the Bachelor too).

Good Buy Consignment said...

That is a fantastic way to give a quick and meaningful update on life. I may have to steal it myself.

k.mart said...

With the bug hopefully good and gone... that family in TN is sure excited to be on this update! :)

Love you.

k.mart said...
This comment has been removed by the author.