Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Hello???

Anybody out there? If so, please don't fall out of your chair when you see that I actually have a post. Seriously. My last post was in JUNE of last year. How is it even possible that I haven't posted in 7 months AND that 2011 is LAST YEAR?!?! Time's flying over here, people!

In case you haven't guessed, we've had some stuff going on around here that has kept us crazy busy...it's called "life". In the last few months of 2011, "life" was comprised of that same ol', same ol' stuff that's always kept us busy...work, blueprint, college ministry, praise team, church, traveling with the Andrew Brown Band, visiting family and friends and just the normal stuff, so I won't bore you with countless details of how we ended 2011.

We're only 11 days into 2012 and it's already proved that it's a force to be reckoned with. Sheesh. We had a busy Christmas season last year and I was hoping that after the new year, things would go back to normal and be calm-ish again...Uh, no. In December, I quit one of my cleaning jobs in Asheville and took a job as an accounts manager (of sorts) for our friend's construction company. I'll be working from home now (which means I get to wear my pajamas and do my laundry AND get paid for it!!) Right now, I'm still training which, for the most part, includes learning how to use QuickBooks. I know hands on application is going to be key for really learning to use this software. But for now, I feel that the more instructional DVDs I watch, the more I realize how little I know!! However, once I really start doing the work, this is (hopefully!) going to be a great opportunity for me and for us.

Between starting the new job, recovering from the holidays, getting my house back to normal and trying to keep up with little things like laundry and groceries and cleaning...well, let's just say that 2012 is winning so far. Kickin' my tail, as a matter of fact. But, I'm ready to throw down. Bring on the next 353 days!!


2 comments:

Lori G said...

So nice to see you here again! Makes me want to dust off my blog. Ah...maybe later! :) Welcome to 2012!

Danielle said...

Yes..welcome back! My blog is rusty too...eeek!!