Monday, January 23, 2006

Mad Music Mondays (1.23.06)

To spice up the life of our blogs, Brooke and I have decided to start with a series of topics that make us smile, laugh, think, etc. Mad Music Mondays-this is the day that we get to talk about music that: we love, we won't take out of our CD players, we can't get out of our heads, or we think should never have been released to the public to begin with. Mad Music Mondays...and GO.

Carrie Underwood-Some Hearts
So, I am not a die hard country music fan like I was as a kid, but this CD is the one that has been in my CD player ever since Christmas. Lots of catchy tunes that you listen to once, and you already know the chorus by heart. And then, during MLK Jr. weekend, Jesus, Take the Wheel took on a whole new meaning (thank you, Brooke). And no, my favorite song is NOT Inside Your Heaven, whatever the heck that means. I don't even think I have a favorite song on the album. I DO NOT like "honky-tonk-my-wife-just-left-and-she-took-my-truck-bar-songs". Other than the song Before He Cheats (which is actually kinda funny) they are all pretty decent songs about growing up and moving on, and never forgetting where you came from.

So, why in the world am I listening to this CD a month later? I don't even know!! It's a nice little CD, and it's fun to sing along with, but that's really it...maybe I'll change it today...

No comments: