Thursday, January 19, 2006

Reality TV

I confess...I am a reality TV junkie. I have to admit that I have a TiVo season pass for American Idol, The Bachelor, Extreme Makeover Home Edition, The Biggest Loser and The Real World. And, we discovered Beauty and the Geek last week, and yeah, I thought I need to make sure I watch that the next time it comes on.

What is it about other people's lives that intrigues me? Probably the same thing that intrigues the rest of America. I don't know how you feel about it, but there is absolutely nothing like seeing people get on TV in front on millions and singing horribly...or watching a doctor date 25 women at once and break several hearts at the end of every week and then "fall in love" and propose after dating her, and her 10 housemates, for only 6 weeks...or seeing a family's life completely restored thanks to the efforts of hundreds of volunteers...or witnessing 7 strangers move into a house together for several months and experience the "real" world (umm, ok)...or tuning every week to see who's lost the least amount of weight...and did I mention how stinkin' hilarious it is when the worst singers in the world get on national television and sing in front of millions of Americans? Man, I love this stuff.

2 comments:

AJ Fabulous said...

I'm right there with you! The Bachelor is just getting good. Who do you think he will end up with? And...there is a former Flicker Intern on Beauty & the Geek. Her name is Tai. Anywho...random fact.

saraiwithani said...

Here are my Bachelor picks...Sarah-Canada or Susan. I also like Sarah-Tennessee, but I am not really sure she is his type. I DO NOT LIKE TARA!!! I don't know what it is about her, but she just rubs me the wrong way! But as with previous seasons of the Bachelor...you never can tell!!