Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Meet the Edwards Family!


Since August, I've been working for a family that I met in our church, the Edwards'. I go to their home 2 days a week where I clean/cook/do laundry/babysit/help with schoolwork/run errands. This family has truly captured my heart. It's by far, the best job I've ever had. Even though I'm cleaning up after people and doing a lot of dirty work, I wouldn't trade it for anything! The Edwards family isn't your typical family of 2.5 kids, a dog, a little house in the suburbs with a white picket fence. Here's a shortened version of their story:

A few years ago, Dan & Jackie Edwards felt God leading them toward adoption. They already had 2 pre-teen daughters, Jessica & Hannah, but after much prayer, God led them to two little girls from an oprphanage in Liberia, Africa. These little girls, Sarah & Lucia (both 1 1/2 at the time) joined their family in August of 2006. While it was quite a challenge, they embraced Sarah & Luci with open arms. Luci was very sick and it was certainly an adjustment having to 2 little ones in the house, but they made it work! Soon after the girls arrived at home, God began speaking to them again about adopting a little boy, Yannick (who is about 6 months older than the little girls). Then, in May of 2007, he joined the Edwards clan!

Having 3 little ones who were new to the country and 2 older daughters who were home schooled was taking its toll on Jackie. She enlisted my help in August and it's been such a joyful experience! Dan & Jackie have such huge hearts, and it's been so cool to see God working out a much bigger plan than either of them expected! Jessica (13) and Hannah (12) are truly amazing girls, and it's been so much fun getting to see a different side of them. And of course, there are the little ones, Yannick (3), Sarah (2) and Luci (2). They melt my heart everytime I walk through the front door as they run to me screaming "Ms. Sarai's home! Ms. Sarai's home!"

Here's the entire Edwards Clan from front to back..Yannick, Sarah, Luci, Dan, Jackie, Jessica & Hannah.


Here's little Yannick and his GQ self!

This is Lucia (or Luci) with the most beautiful little smile!

And here's Sarah whose personality is as big as anything I've ever seen!

The bottom line is that I love this family, and am so grateful for their presence in my life!


Posted by Picasa

No comments: