Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Things I Love Thursday 10.30.08

I. Love. Wicked! And I get to see it (for the 3rd time!) on Sunday at the Fox Theatre in Atlanta! Lori, Brooke, Beth, Marcie and I will be heading down for a day at the Theatre the Cheesecake Factory :) I'm sure it's going to be just as fabulous this time as it's been the last 2.

I've always been a fan of musicals. For a long time, my favorite was Les Miserables. Then, a few years ago, Lori introduced me to the music of Wicked and I was hooked from day one! The story is based off of the Wizard of Oz and chronicles the relationship between Elphaba, the wicked witch of the west, and Galinda the good witch. It's about love and friendship and betrayal and seeing past what's on the outside. The sets are AMAZING, the witty lines are hilarious and the songs are soooo catchy. I'd tell you about my favorite "Wicked" song, but I can't possibly choose just one!! So, I'll leave you with some of my favorite lyrics for the weekend...

"For Good"

I've heard it said
That people come into our lives for a reason
Bringing something we must learn
And we are led
To those who help us most to grow
If we let them
And we help them in return
Well, I don't know if I believe that's true
But I know I'm who I am today
Because I knew you...

...I have been changed for good :)

No comments: