Thursday, March 26, 2009

Things I Love Thursday 3.26.09

I feel like I have so many things that I could write about today...

I could write about my birthday (the actual day, and the week and the month!) and tell you how absolutely perfect it has been. I could tell you how I've celebrated with SEVERAL gatherings of friends and family or how Brooke and I had a great time celebrating at the Shane & Shane show last weekend or how I'm looking forward to celebrating even more this weekend and even next week with more family and friends.

Or I could write about how much I LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE birthday cake and how I can't believe that I've had a piece of cake for the last 7 days (and still have another piece that WILL NOT be wasted!), but you already knew of my affection for such an amazing bakery item.

But, instead of telling you all those things, I'll tell you that I LOVE when I get to share a really great secret. I HATE keeping them (especially if I know that I'll never be able to tell another soul) but knowing that I know something that will eventually get to be told makes me giddy and so excited that I can hardly stand myself...especially a secret like this...

I'M GOING TO BE AN AUNT!!!

That's right, my brother and his wife are expecting a little baby around the beginning of November. I really can't believe that my little brother is old enough to be married and have a house and a dog and a baby. When did that happen? Nonetheless, a baby's on the way and I'm so happy to finally be an aunt! Mom and I are already planning all kinds of fun crafty projects and baby shower details. So, this next year will be filled with all kinds of unexpected twists and turns as we anticipate the arrival of my little niece or nephew! I know this for sure, I can't wait to meet that little one!

2 comments:

hisgirlcridey said...

Yay for being an aunt!!! :)

The Big Sister said...

I echo the "yay for being an aunt" I have hmm...I have TEN nieces and nephews and 2 on the way, wow that makes me feel old. But its so much fun! I have one little niece who is two who puts her little arms out everytime she see's me and comes running calling my name- that is SUCH a good feeling!