Monday, September 27, 2010

30 by 30

Please, don't fall out of your seat...yes, I'm actually posting again. I've actually been posting a lot over at Three Simple Girls recently while giving the scoop on my recent office update...and this blog has been severely neglected. Sorry, to the 2 of you that read this on a regular basis :)

Before I get to the real purpose of this post, I'll give you a little snapshot of what's been going on around here for the past couple of months.

I was keeping my niece, Reagan.
Life started piling up.
I was exhausted.
I missed being home all the time.
I loved spending so much time with Reagan.
I stopped keeping Reagan when she started day care.
I now get to be Auntie Sarai instead of Babysitter Sarai.
Even though I'm home more, I don't have "free" time.
I'm getting caught up on lots of things like...
Whatta Cute Baby orders
Finishing my home office update
Friends & Family
Traveling
Paperwork
Life

And now, in my quest to get caught up with life, I have a new goal. Well, not really a new one, but more like a reoccurring one.

You might remember this post from a few months ago. Well, then and there, I vowed to drop some a few pounds. And that might have been the biggest joke of the year. Each week, I would bravely confront the scales only to have the tiny little numbers increase. After about a month of increase upon increase, I finally started seeing a speck of light at the end of the tunnel. Half a pound here. Half a pound there. And I was encouraged.

I was back up to my highest weight ever (actually a pound heavier..ugh) and I was determined to do something about it...again. I was reading some magazine for skinny people, I mean health magazine and a short article caught my attention. One of the readers had a goal of losing 31 pounds before her 31st birthday over the course of several months. Well, I've lost 30 pounds before. I even lost 30 pounds over Thanksgiving AND Christmas. I can do it again.

My 30th birthday is a few days less than 6 months away. My goal is to lose 30 pounds by the time I turn 30.

30 by 30.

I went back and forth about whether or not I should post this. It's not easy to tell the world that you're 30 pounds overweight. And even then, it's not easy going through every day life knowing that anyone who knows you're trying to lose weight is watching your every bite..your every step, your every clothing choice...your every fat roll. But, in the end, I knew that if I said it "out loud", I'd have a little accountability. I'd have a little more motivation. And I might even have some friends join in on the "party".

I can't promise that I'll only eat fruits and vegetables for the next 6 months. But you should know that if you're eating cake and ice cream with me, you're walking with me too :)



3 comments:

~The Breedloves~ said...

Sarai,

This is a great goal, in fact, I may even join in with you. I did, however, just celebrate my birthday so I would have a little more time to work at it, but mine could be 27 by 27 (and any extra would make me even happier).
Good luck on your goal!

KirstenQ said...

I am one of the two following - and I am with you every step of the way! I'll harass you if you harass me.
:)
LOVE you. I know you can do it.

Kendra said...

Sarai...I love this..I hadnt ready this until now! You CAN DO IT..we will have to motivate each other.... I am like you, if I made it "known" that I was overweight and going to lose weight then I would feel more motivated to stick with it because now I know everyone is watching! :) BEST OF LUCK FRIEND!!!